mardi 12 juin 2007

I hope ...

To hope that = espérer que + verb


I hope that everything is going to be alright.

-> J'espère que tout ira bien. (ira from the verb aller, future tense)


I hope he will remember me.

-> J'espère qu'il se souviendra de moi.

here, we have the same case we saw with "de"+voyel = d'
que + voyel = qu'



To hope to = espérer + Verbe

I hope to get a job soon.

-> J'espère trouver un emploi bientôt.


I hope to be able to tell him my heart someday.

-> J'espère pouvoir lui dire ce que je ressens pour lui un jour.


Now the negation :

I hope I didn't wake you up.

-> J'espère que je ne t'ai pas réveillé.

-> J'espère ne pas t'avoir réveillé.

Those two expressions above are the same, the second one being more "graceful" and shorter too.

with "He" : Il espère ne pas t'avoir réveillé.

Aucun commentaire: